Price: Contact us Negotiable
A dental implant is one of the best treatments to replace missing teeth. In simple words, an implant is an artificial tooth root placed into a jaw to hold a prosthetic tooth or bridge. Dental implants can be a good option for people who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or any other reason, and who don't want to wear dentures.
Dr. Kushal Morgariahas placed hundreds of implants with a success rate of above 97%. As a renowned dentist South East London, Dr. Kushal routinely use dental implants to replace single and multiple missing teeth for their patients.
Types of Dental Implants
There are mainly two types of treatment offered by dental implants South East London and are most common among dentists all over the world. These are:
1. Endosteal (in the bone): This is the most common type of procedure. Here the implants hold one or more prosthetic teeth and are generally a good alternative for patients wearing bridges or using removal dentures.
2. Subperiosteal (on the bone): During this treatment, an implant is placed on top of the jaw with metal framework posts that protrude through the gum and hold the implant in place. These implants are often used for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and have an inadequate bone height to hold on to endosteal implants.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Dental implants are known for providing a better experience compared to dentures. Most dentures that originally fit the patient start slipping and become uncomfortable after some time, due to increased bone loss. It is almost difficult to keep a denture stable due to wear on the bony ridges that dentures clasp onto.
The most disturbing aspect of using dentures is their poor chewing ability. It is also the unhealthiest, as they need to be removed for cleaning. It is sometimes hard to chew with dentures, and generally has only 10% or even less of full chewing power.
Progressive bone loss that happens as a result of wearing dentures can also lead to facial collapse. The bone loss that happens over the years often results in the collapse of the lower third part of your face, creating excessive wrinkles, and a sunken look. This can considerably age a person’s appearance them normal, making them look even older.
Dental Implants vs. Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is made from a false tooth or teeth, and is supported by adjacent teeth that have been capped. This procedure is used to replace one or more teeth.
A bridge often requires two healthy teeth to be altered. Generally, this is not the best way of replacing a missing tooth. Bridges mostly last for a short time, say for five to ten years, compared to dental implants that can last for a lifetime. So, bridges will apparently be costlier in the long run.
Benefits of Dental Implants South East London
Some of the most common advantages of going for dental implants from mindful dentists can be explained as under:
· Dental implants from mindful dentists look and work almost similar to natural teeth. Most patients can’t even differentiate between a natural tooth and a dental implant.
· Dental implants are made of titanium and can last a lifetime. Titanium is a bio-compatible and non-toxic material and serves as a powerful replacement tooth.
· Dental implants prevent bone loss. In the case when there is no tooth, the jaw bone in the empty space deteriorates and can lose over 25% of its volume. As an implant replaces the root and the tooth as well, it provides the needed stimulation and helps grow bone naturally.